HELP! Turkey still frozen solid. Need to cook it tomorrow!

I put the darn bird in the fridge 3 days ago to defrost. Well, I put it in the outside fridge and with this nasty cold freezing weather it is more frozen now than it was in the freezer!!!!

I need to inject it today and cook it tomorrow. Do ya'll think it's possible?

PS. EEEEEEK!

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Place it in your kitchen sink and then fill up with cold water. It will defrost.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• fill the sink with WARM water and let it soak. when the water gets cold then drain and refill with warm water. keep doing this til tmrw
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Do NOT use warm water. Cold water will do the trick. It's called a force thaw. Warm water will continue to raise the outside of the bird to unsafe temperatures while the inside thaws. NOT good eats. (To steal a phrase)

Cold water, changed out hourly. It will thaw. You may even have time for a brine.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:08 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I wish I would have thought to check it before now...and I wish I had a brain. I want to cry. I have 10 people coming for a jalapeno turkey tomorrow and I'm worried I am screwed.
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• You can also put it in your microwave on low, very low power and defrost it 10 min at a time. Then put it in the sink with cold water.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:13 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• if all else fails can you get another one? a waste of food and money i know .. good luck x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Brine it - it will go faster. Use a solution of 1 c salt to 1 gallon of water. You'll need a cooler or some other waterproof container big enough to hold the turkey and water. It's also easier if you have some ice on hand to add to the water and keep it cooler longer. If you don't have a cooler big enough to close tight with the turkey inside, use a big plastic bag inside a rubber maid tub or something similar, and seal it tight with a knot to hold it closed, then set bags of ice on top to keep it submerged and cool. (make sure your turkey doesn't already have any kind of flavoring added to it, or this could be overkill - same with your injection, cut the salt down in your mix)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• thaw it in cold water or warm water change the water often as soon as you can get the giblets out DO this will help thaw it from the inside and the outside. It will take some work and some babysitting but you can do it
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 11:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• put it down in cool water either in the sink or i use the bath tub as my sinks or kind of small so for a turkey the tub works better lol. change your water out every hour. it will be ok just keep on it all day.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Thaw in cool (not ice cold or warm) water in the kitchen sink and replace the water every hour - it will be ready for cooking with that method.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:34 AM on Feb. 13, 2011