Why does everyone think I'm lying?

My 9 month old sleeps through the night, and has for over a month now. But every mom who asks me about his sleep patterns tells me I'm full of it when I tell them that. They think I am just trying to look like a better mom than them. Do you believe a 9 month old can sleep through the night? I know he is an exception, my sister's 3 year old still gets up three times a night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My oldest son started sleeping through the night when he was about 6 months old, so yes I believe it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:08 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• my daughter has been sleeping 9-11 hours straight through the night since she was a month old!!!! why would anyone lie about a baby sleeping through the night. it makes them a good baby, it has nothing to do with parenting....jeez its jealousy
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My ds started sttn at 6 months. I mean except for the occasional teething or sick issue. Now my 17 month old dd is a completely different story. I think the moms who don't believe it are the ones who's kids are the ones not sttn at a year.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:10 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• my twin girls are 3 months and they sleep from 9pm-8am... I owe that to the baby wise book =)
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 11:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• oh and my husbands mother, my daughters biological grandmother, slept through the night since day one. i was told that by her mother. she said she was the easiest of all her babies
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• my ds was sleeping through the night by about 8 mo so ya I believe it. Ok he woke up at 6, but to me thats all night.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:13 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i've known of a some kids, even younger than yours, that do sleep through the entire night. Every child is different. Don't worry about what others say and just enjoy some sleep, it could change at any time in his growth. Just make sure he is getting enough nutrition and hydration during the day and enjoy your little one!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 11:14 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Yes. Both my kids slept through the night about that age
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• First of all: I don't like the feel of competition here. But, that said, My 1st born did not sleep through the night but he did something that no one could believe. He almost never cried. If he needed something (food, diaper change) he would let out a wail...just one and then wait for the response. the response always met his needs and he giggled wholeheartedly when it was paly time.
    I think your baby probably feel secure and protected. Putting a baby on a schedule is not very popular, but it works.
    momripley

Answer by momripley at 11:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2011