What plans do you have with your hubby on Valentines Day?

This will be my 25th Valentin's Day with my husband George. We are very busy, and have a 4yr old little girl. Before we had our daughter we would celebrate Valentines Day out to dinner, he would buy me roses or a piece of jewelry and we would exchange cards, pretty nice.

The past 4 years all I want to do is be relaxed at home, get a nice card, maybe a dessert, and some roses. I don't care to go out to dinner because I still have to get up at 6am!

I'm sure in the future we will be able to celebrate like we use to. Just now with a child, she is my world, I would rather stay home. I'm not into jewelry anymore, I have plenty from previous holiday & birthdays. Just wondering what other's have planned???

Linda1012

Asked by Linda1012 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• we are getting a sitter tonight for our 3 girls and going out to dinner. we dont bother with chocolates, flowers or cards because valentines isnt a huge deal to us plus we have a limited budget.

if you want to stay home, perhaps you can buy a nice bottle of wine and cook up some steak or something you wouldnt normally cook for you and your hubby?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• nothing
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I'm making a nice dinner, and dessert. Maybe a cheesy movie at home..... Not too much since dh has a meeting he has to get up early for the next morning.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• SO said something about maybe going out to eat for supper on Tuesday night for Valentines since Monday night everything will be packed out.Otherwise we don't make a big deal over Valentines.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 11:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Nothing. My husband is escorting the remains of a fallen Sailor back to his hometown. Valentine's Day will have to wait until he gets back. Then we can have some fun!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:34 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• We are taking his Mother out for lunch tomorrow, we are kinda making it a family day. I am making a cake today. I made a great dinner last night with terrific rib eye steaks, they came out great on the George foremans' large grill! My 4yr old little girl begged me yesterday for her Valentines Day bag of gifts! Took her to see Gnomeo & Juliet as part of her Valentines gift. Over all it is a pretty nice Valentines weekend. I guess if you do what you really want, then you will be happy :)e

Linda1012

Comment by Linda1012 (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My hubby is kid napping me. We are dropping our son off at his parent's anf we are going to go away for the night and i know he is planning on taking me out to eat.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• He is working that night, but we will go out to dinner on Tuesday or Wednesday with our daughter. It will be better anyway, because we won't have to deal with crowds and waiting for a table.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I won't tell him I have a headach??? Hahaha

Ok, joking aside... I am seriously thinking of a fishing license? The boys I birthed for him are 3 and 5, his little buddies, and I think they need "Guy time"!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• We won't be doing anything, I'm not a big celebrator of Valentine's Day or Sweetest Day. We have other Festivities coming up that have been made into big celebrations that we are preparing for.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2011