How can I give some flavor to frozen california blend/mix vegetables?

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 11:22 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• asain salad dressing. pour a little on while cooking it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• you can sautee it in some extra virgin olive oil, add the seasonings you like to it. or cook it with stir-fry sauce or teriyaki sauce.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• add some butter, galic and salt and pepper
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 11:26 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Add some minced garlic, minced onion, Sriracha, any fresh or dried herbs. I cook this all the time and I usually only add a tad bit of butter and siracha. Becareful with Siracha though...it's dangerous! :-)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• @ texasgurl33,what is siracha,I have never heard of that before.
    Ananomys

Comment by Ananomys (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• lemon and olive oil is what I use, or you can get a little fattening and use butter and curry powder
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 11:42 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Every teaspoon of Olive Oil is 100calories, read the bottle... please don't do that if possible... it is an Omega 6 which our daily diets get too much of anyways!

Do flavoring like "Lemon Pepper" which will also cut down on the salts, since salt is in everything... I heard people do "Mrs. Dash" too but those seasons are gross to me personally
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Actually a TABLESPOON has about that many calories, NOT a teaspoon (60 in a tsp). A tablespoon TOSSED with vegetables means that it is distributed between servings so you aren't consuming the entire helping. And the HEALTH benefits of the monounsaturated fats in EVOO are WONDERFUL!!!

EVOO, Garlic, and a little sea salt and ground pepper tossed with the veggies.....that's what my husband does.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Siracha - Thai Hot sauce (the hot chili sauce you can find at most chinese places in the big bottles).
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Add cubed chicken, pasta, veggies and half a bottle spicy ranch dressing.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2011