How would you handle this?

I like his ex but I hate the way she is with money all she does is take and take not caring about the way we live I mean my dh takes care of his kids with her but she acts like they are still married... if anything the cs that goes to them for them goes to her of course but whose to say it ALL goes on the kids her dd recently told me she got a boob job and that don't worry mom saved money for this precedure I just said oh ok that's good for her.
Anyway whatever...I just want to NOT think about it when she calls for whatever reason mostly money :/ I want the kids to call for help NOT her ( they are 17 & 18) How can I not hear from her... I like her as a person but really don't want her in MY life that's for sure.
OH and ladies for those that are against the way I feel please don't tell me stuff I already know (Well you knew he had kids before you met him...blah, blah, blah...I KNOW THIS!!!)
I just want to know how do you handle this?

Thanks Ladies for making me feel alittle at ease ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• let him deal with all of that stuff. It's not your responsibility.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Tell your man what you told us, and then have him tell her to back off.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I dont understand why you think you HAVE to deal with her? When she calls act busy, take a message and tell your dh she called.

Answer by gemgem at 11:43 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Tell him you'd like to distant yourself from it as much as you can- that he can keep that part of his life private. Of course, that means you not knowing about your financial situation. He could also take is you not taking an interest in his children. So you may want to be careful how you go about distancing yourself from this w/out hurting any feelings.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Whenever she calls tell her he's not home and hang up. If he is home,hand him the phone and say it's for u!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• The kids shouldn't have to worry about calling their dad for money (way to put your children in the middle of it all!!!!), it's her job to ask for money if they need anything. I would have your husband specifically ask her what the kids need, and not hand the MONEY over to her, but BUY the things they need and take the stuff over to them, if they don't come to your house.
    Unfortunately their relationship didn't last, so now it's costing your husband twice as much because not only does he have to support where his kids live and what they have somewhere else, but he has you and your kids together to worry about too.
    Divorce isn't something to take lightly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i agree with the PP. dont give her money. buy what the kids need and give that to her.
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Mrsmom110 He knows I love his kids I have know them for 12 yrs. now the ex just went thru a separation with her man and now they are getting a divorce and now she has a new man good for her and he now moved in (she moves pretty fast) but why does she feel she has to call my dh for whatever these kids are grown already...Please ladies me and my sk are good witheachother Thanks again!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Legally he only has a financial responsibility to the 17 year old and once that one is 18 is financial obligations r done. Make sure he knows that. Then after u tell him,I hope he still isn't paying on the 18 year old. Legally he is done with cs for that one. If he is still giving her money after the one turns 18,then I would really wonder why,and ask him What the hell is going on? BTW, I got this information from my cousin who is a lawyer.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:55 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• He should not pay for anything else, but only for his kids needs!! I would tell him that!

!if they need clothing you guys take them shopping and if they need to see a doctor you pay the doctor, there is no reason why she should get any extra cash!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:56 AM on Feb. 12, 2011