Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ear infection drops?

My 11 month old has a cold and double ear infection (diagnosed yesterday). The doc put her on Ammoxacillan and said to give her motrin for pain. If I remember correctly there is an prescription ear drop for pain too. Anyone know what it's called so I can ask the doctor to call it in? Thanks!

Answer Question

Asked by mommacierra at 11:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 10 (445 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I cant remember what it is called but the doctor will know what you are talking about just tell him your little one is in alot of pain and the motrin isnt working

    Answer by suhweetness at 12:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

  • I have some called Allergen Ear Drops.

    Answer by Nanixh at 12:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

  • I went to the Dr's yesterday for an ear infection (turns out I have a double ear infection, bronchitis, flu & strep!), and I asked them for 'Antipyrine & Benzocaine Otic Solution'. It numbs on contact.
    I had a severe ear infection while I was in labor with my middle child, and I swear that the ear pain was worse than labor! Ibuprofen does NOT cut it!!! (btw- this one only costs about $6 without insurance).

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.