am i selfish???

am i that bad of a person to want to spend time w my dh seems if he is off work its always go go go he cant have a day off and just spend it at home w me an the kids the short time we spend here its a fight cuz he dont want to b here we never never have time to ourselves and its killing me i love him so much and his actions towards me make me feel that he keeps me here for the baby its convient but that he really dont want me here i dont think i should have to ask for time w him he should just want it he has never assured me that he loves me or that i am his number 1 is there something i can do i have tried talking to him does no good

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• Go find thing to do with out him. Friends, a job, hobbies. Stop letting him make you miserable  If you act like you have better things to do but sit around and wait for him. He might change his toon.  Then if he doesn't, you might want to re-thing this relationship

Answer by louise2 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Plan a date night.
    Tell him the date and the time and tell him he MUST be there.
    It will show him that you are serious about reconnecting with him despite your busy lives.
    Once you have that date..
    Make sure you have one, once a month!!!
    Good Luck Mama!
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 5:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• No you are not selfish. He should want to spend time with you. Do you think you could arrange to go out for a meal or a movie with him? Or even set one evening a week where you do something together- even walk the baby around the block a few times or go to the mall and walk around. Or play board games or watch a DVD at home with some popcorn. Perhaps you could invite friends over and trade meals. We used to alternate suppers at our house and another couple's house once a week.

Answer by Bmat at 5:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2008