How do you handle the cabin fever months of Winter?

It's too cold to go anywhere or do anything. Holidays are over and nothing to look forward to (except Spring). I'm so bored being stuck inside, doing the same old thing. I'm sure my children hate it even more.

What are things you do to change up the same old boring routine while we patiently await the warmer days of Spring?

Wandybrine

Asked by Wandybrine at 12:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I look forward to candy making for V-Day and dying eggs and easter baskets for easter!
    But I admit, it's not enough to pull me through. I'm going insane couped up with my kiddos, and our van that holds all of us, just died! ugh~!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• We do movie night, popcorn, pb&j sandwiches cut into whatever cookie cutter shape they choose, and juice boxes. You can make salt dough ornaments, or handmade bird feeders for summer. You can made edible play dough. You can organize an online scavenger hunt for yourself and some of your online friends. You can always find pen pals (I hear they have some great write a soldier programs out there for free). Good Luck, hope you find something that makes the stir crazies get up and go.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I dress warmly and go outside.  Tonight I'm going snowmobiling but usually I go for a walk.  I love walking in a snowstorm (especially at night).

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• There are a few different things you can do. have a movie marathon, play games together. do baking or make candy together. Have a picnic on the living room floor. Throw an indoor beachb party!
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 1:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• if it's a decent temp here, I get the kids all bundled up and we go for a walk to the store or something. If my BF isn't working we all go out and about together somewhere. Like tomorrow we're going out to breakfast and then shopping.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 12:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2011