SO embarrassed

DD woke up this morning and we didnt hear her right away I guess because when we got in there she had taken her pants AND diaper off and apparently had pooped because it was EVERYWHERE..Im so angry and grossed out and embarrassed..it looks like she possibly...ate it and im really worried. Also im worried will she get pink eye?? I bathed her right away and washed her eyes the best I could but now im worried

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• do you smell it in her breathe? Clean her first. Give her a good thorough bath and brush her teeth, give her some water to "wash it down" in case she ate any. Poop isnt sterile but it shouldnt hurt her. I dont think pink eye is passed through poop, I think that's just a wives tale. If her eye was to get infected you'd notice right away with swelling. Now the room. Hold your breathe and wipe up what you can. Get some carpet cleaner for stains (in this case formula for pet accidents). Follow the instructions and let it sit then wipe and vacuum. Dont feel embarassed! You're not alone. She felt uncomfortable and you didnt make it on time so she took it in "her own hands" lol. My son has done this before. Try to look at the humor in it all! I've been through this and SO found this website: www.shitmykidsruined.com go to this website for some laughs! You'll see a lot of poop photos
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ~*Ecoli*~ is what comes from poop... and why we females have to wipe properly and wash our hands!!! If she ate it, she will get sick, possible ecoli, contact your child's doctor to know what to look for, JUST IN CASE... so you aren't the nutty mom that is in the E.R. every couple weeks... hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My daughter did that. She spread it on the walls, her crib, herself. It was AWFUL. She smelled like poop for days and her room smelled like it for at least a month. Don't be embarrassed... SHIT HAPPENS!!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2011