Travel question:Do I need a doctors note to travel with our baby?

We are headed to Cancun, Mexico on Tuesday. Our baby fell sick a few days ago and has a Nebulizer for treatments and some oral med. Do we need a doctors note for the plane ride?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Travel

• I don't believe that you would, but you could always call the airline to confirm it. Airlines are different everywhere, so it's always good to just make sure.
    AuraOosterveld

Answer by AuraOosterveld at 12:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• You might get one and stick it the ziplock bag for the medication.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I would call the Airline direct & ask. But it is better to be safe then sorry. If you get a Doctors note you may be less harrassed while boarding.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Thank you!:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• To be on the safe side, get one. It isn't just the airline, it is the coming and going in and out of the countries.
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 4:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I would just to be on the safe side. Traveled with my dad in December & he's diabetic. We took a note just to be safe yet we were never asked for it. In fact they never even asked to inspect his supplies which we were told they would.
    shoppnmom

Answer by shoppnmom at 5:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• We've traveled by plane with young kids and needed meds once. We were traveling from US to England. We did not need a dr note, but all medication is supposed to be in the original container. However, I would check with the airline directly just to be sure. All airlines have different rules about things and they seem to change all the time nowadays.
    travellingmom20

Answer by travellingmom20 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2011