How important are looks to you?

Not your SO's, but your own?

For me, its pretty important. I mean , come on, as women, we dont get as charming or as handsome as most men do when they age.. we age like hell..lol. So I make sure I am always looking at least mosly put together when SO is around (out of jamies/ sweats, minimal makeup, hair done, earrings in, shaved and good smelling).. yes even with 3 kids (one being born 2 months ago). If we go out, its a tight sexy dress and high heels. I dont want to be upstaged by anyone younger or sexier than me...lol. I know my hubby adores me, even when i had morning sickness and puked in the toilet while he comforted me, but I know I am more attracted to my hubby when he's dressed up and smelling nice then when he comes home from work stinky and disheveled. I want be attractive to my man all the time. 

I also eat right and workout to keep myself in shape and healthy.

What about you? Why do you (or dont you) care?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you and I view "our appearance" differently. For me it is being the best I can be... it is NOT a competition. I dont feel the need to out sex someone and have no issue at all with my age (43). So Im not sure how to answer this.

My appearance IS important to me.  I go to the dds every 6 mo. I wash/moisturize my face daily.  I wear sunscreen every day.  I dress well and appropriate to my body, age, and the event.  I go to the hair dresser every 8 weeks.  And I exercise regularly.  I am ageing gracefully and intend to continue on that path. 

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It takes a lot of effort after having kids & a toddler running around but I try. I take a shower & get dressed in nice sweats at least before my DH comes home. If I am not going out & no one is around but kids, I look like who did it & ran! LOL! But when I go out, I always wear makeup, do my hair & dress nicely. I think it is important for self esteem. When you look good, you feel good. That's why they say "dress for success!"
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I dont think looks are "important" but I think looking decent certainly helps with self esteem. I certainly let myself go once ds was born but once I started going to playgroups and left the house more I bought a new wardrobe that fit my new figure, I had my hair done, I made new mom friends and then I started getting back in the groove. Even started wearing makeup. Just mascara can make a difference!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My appearance is important to me, in the fact that I am clean and comfortable. I get my hair done (mostly b/c it is easier when it is in braids/dreds) But I am always in sweats or jeans, my husband met me that way, that is one of the things he likes about me. When it is time to go, I can be ready in 15min, b/c there is no make up or hair to fuss with, a pair of jeans and a sweater and i am out the door.

I don't think about or concern myself w/someone being sexier than me, b/c there are probably many women out there that are, but mine loves me exactly how i am.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• As I get older, it's a lot more important. Five years ago, in my early 40's I was still getting compliments... now, notta. It's discouraging. I am now thinking of things like Botox, lipo and Juvaderm.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Well I think that everyone should take care of themselves eat right and be happy. Sometimes being happy on the inside is just as good as being happy on the outside. Some people don't have that Barbie body and have to be happy with what they have.....Inside image is more important than outter beauty but good for you.
    Also if your also doing this to keep a man it doesn't really matter to them if they want to cheat they will no matter how you look,
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I am 46! I workout and work full-time and I have a wonderful kid too!!! I am a very young looking 46! I have been taken for 29!!! I am a crew trainer and I have had guys coming up to me and saying call me,then they hand me a folded piece of paper and it is their name and number!! I have lots of energy! Working out gives u a really lot of it!!! I am outgoing and friendly!!! Friendly as in nice not too nice or friendly!! I have never had to dye or color my hair either!!! Thank goodness!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• not worried about him cheating..  i jus know he likes me beautiful...  he is a man....  and he is worth it to me.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• BTW I am married to a very wonderful guy!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I'm 47 and look 10 years younger.  My looks are important enough to me that I want to look well presented but not important enough to have surgery or botox or anything else like that.  I plan on aging gracefully.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2011