Breastfeeding moms....

My little mans stools used to be really seedy looking but they are not really like that anymore. Now they are more just runny and he is pooping less (less compared to pooping every hour like he did the first 2 weeks, he still poops like 4 times a day) Is this normal for the seedy look to go away and for it to just be runny!? He is 3 1/2 weeks old.

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I personally don't think there is anything wrong my ydd is about the same age and her stools are runny sometimes. If your reallu worried contact the doctor.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• sounds fine... when my son was that age and I was bf his poo was runny. Just wait for it to leak out all over his back! lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My baby did the same thing I actually went to the Dr. because I thought it was diarrhea He will poop after every feeding but the Dr. told me that that's how he would probably poop but just in case to give him a little pedialite and to cut dairy products specially at night for a couple of days once a did that it was a little better but I realize that that's how he was some breastfed babies poop this way and he's so young some things that you eat might irritate his little tummy but little by little he will get use to it and then he will poop like every other day or so my baby is 5 months old and his poop still loose and he goes once a day or every other day but let the Dr. have the last word just in case and check online about foods that might irritate his tummy babycenter.com and Lalecheleague.com are very good on breastfeeding advice. Good luck!!
    JPAJsmom

Answer by JPAJsmom at 2:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It sounds right to me.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Sounds fine. And don't be surprised if in another few weeks (maybe around 2 months old or so) he starts pooping just once a week or even once every two weeks.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• The seedy looking black poop is the body getting rid of billyruben after severl weeks after birth all babys stop pooping this. My breastfed babys started pooping a dark yellow runny poop that smells like sweet butter. You baby's poop will continue to be runny and yellow like this up until you start feeding baby food. How often your baby poops will start to very. some days he will poop a lot and some days he wont poop much at all. Be on the look out for the plow out the pants poop when he has gone for a long stretch between poops.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2011