Pooping whole raisins?! adult content

MIL is constantly feeding my 11 month old raisins, my DD does love them. But they keep coming out whole! This worries me! Is that normal? She isn't choking in them while swallowing them whole. But does she even get nutrients from the raisins if they arent chewed? I've tried to hint for her to stop feeding DD raisins but she doesnt take a hint. Is it OK to continue feeding her raisins??

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 1:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• yep totally normal. they will come out whole till she gets to the point where she is chewing them up. Let her ahve them. she doesn't completely digest them, but she does get some nurtirents from them. I always boil and then let them cool before I give them to little ones.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• This question made me lol! My 10 month old poops fruit chunks whole. Peaches, pineapple, those cherries. If I give him a fruit cup, I see it in his diaper that night! I had the same concern as you about the nutrients so I started giving him things I knew he could digest better, like bananas. But I don't think it's a big problem. It won't hurt her. And if your MIL just won't listen, just let it go. Save your energy for another battle with her.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I am not sure about the nutrients part, but it is normal to poop whole raisins my 4 year old used to do it all the time. I wouldn't stop feeding her raisins though, raisins are good for you and she probably isn't pooping them all out, there are probably just a couple that didn't get chewed.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• it is normal just means she is swallowing and not chewing them all. my kids used to do that.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2011