My 1 year old just ate his poop! Should i be worried?

I guess when i was wrapping up the diaper a bunch of balls fell out. like the size of the tip of your finger from the bottom of the nail up. So gross! Anyways, should i be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Gag a maggot!!!
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 1:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• no, dont be its gross but pretty normal . Just brush his teeth and give him lots of fluid.
    My son did the same thing and NEVER did it again
    ttc_number2

Answer by ttc_number2 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• PS...call the ped. Dr.
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 1:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Only if he gets a high fever and becomes lethargic… Ecoli is only thing you have to worry about.
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Gross yes but life threatening no. Like the PP said brush his teeth, encourage fluids to get the taste out of his mouth, and watch for any signs of an infection, mainly high fever or vomiting. My friends son did this as well and he was perfectly fine. He too only tried it once and learned his lesson!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Actually, as gross as it may sound, it won't harm him. My one neice had done this and this is what the doctor told my sis. He said that since it was my nieces' own bowel movement and it consisted of things already in her body, it wouldn't hurt her to redigest it. Gross, but hey kids do gross things sometimes.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• lmao totally gross. but people eat all sorts of nasty things as kids. dirt and bugs and stuff, and they all have all sorts of bacteria. if youre worried take him to the dr but doesnt sound like much to worry about.
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 2:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I'm going to go with what everyone else said....watch him, encourage fluids...yada yada yada...

Funny story though....when I was a toddler, I ate cigarette butts and my sister ate dog poop...Grandma called the doctor and told her that as long as it was HER dog, that she knew what the dog normally eats and that my sister would probably be okay....26 years later, she is totally fine! LOL!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 8:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2011