Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I dont know how to look it up

The man who fathered my Twin Boys has done nothing but leave come back etc. I dont want him apart of their lifes..he doesnt even believe they are his...Now can I legally get into trouble if I dont put him on the certificate and i dont tell him when they are born?

Answer Question

Asked by ImHavingTwinz at 1:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

Level 5 (74 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • No, I bet if, you ask for back child support ( if, he hasn't paid any), he'd back off!

    Answer by pswiley at 1:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

  • Ask a local "Family Law Lawyer".. each county/state is different!!! Where I live it is perfectly legal, much like I can name anyone I chose as te father on a birth certificate... I don't need a father's signature! Than again California is really screwed up with most of the laws, and probably why we have a high rate of broken homes and fathers who walk away?

    Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

  • Well, I'd cut off all contact with now. If he does come around he can request a paternity test and joint custody. 


    Answer by skittles1108 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

  • nope. you wont get into no type of trouble.

    Answer by MommyKayla777 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.