When YOU were a kid

did you spend alot of time at home alone? both my parents worked so I always had my own key & would go home & wait for them, watch tv etc....I was pretty responsible for a kid. I think a bout it now its crazy!

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Crazy? No, I don't think so. My mom was a single mother and didn't have a choice. To me, it was normal. She did what she had to do. It made me part of who I am today.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I was ALWAYS home alone whenever I was younger. I babysat my siblings alot too. It's funny now because I look back and I was about 12 or 13 when I did that and some of my siblings are that age and I could NEVER see my mom leaving them alone now lol.

b.leavitt101

Answer by b.leavitt101 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• No. I grew up on a farm with a SAHM. There was always someone at my house. We boarded horses, so there were those people there. Plus the men who worked with my dad. Plus, my siblings were there. Plus, my grandparents lived .2 of a mile away. I was never alone unless I went to the bathroom. Then, my little brother would bang on the door to get in even though there were 2 other bathrooms. He didn't like those.............
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ~*Yes*~... I was home alone while my mom worked, after school only... or when told, "go outside and play"... hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• No, my mom was a SAHM but,when I got older(13+) she would leave me to babysit 3 siblings and we always got in trouble.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 1:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• we were responsible as kids but were barely left alone.the first time i got home and no one was there was like 3rd grade. my mom had lost trackof time and got home like half an hour late and i opened the door when she was at the gate and said "mom?" like i was crying (which made me cry for real lol) just to make her feel bad. turns out her friend came in with her so i was totally embarrassed.t hat's what i get. (i really was a little freaked out though. my mom was a SAHM and i'd never been home alone or even away from her not including school- very overprotected)
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 2:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Yea I was home alone a lot
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 2:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My mom was a single mom, who worked two jobs and went to school. So I did spend a lot of time alone or babysitting my younger brother, who's 4 years younger. Probably from the time I was 8 or 9 I was coming home from school alone, from about 3:30 - 6:00 and babysitting from the time I was 11. It was just what she had to do, it made me be the responsible person I have always been.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ya you are right not crazy layh41407 I was taught to be responsible so young & as an adult
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2011