I dont know what to do anymore? HELP

My sons are 4 and 6 and I swear all they do is fight I cant take it anymore I am getting ready to explode day in and day out it is the same shit and I am sick of punishment it is not working I have taken everything away they have nothing in there room besides the beds they sleep in what should I do? I know siblings fight but got damn every single day?

ExtremlyUnique

Asked by ExtremlyUnique at 1:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• handcuff them together till they work it out. no joke
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 2:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Sometimes, you just have to walk away and let them work it out on their own.

Next time they start, grab a book, sit down, and when they come to you - let them know that it is THEIR fight not yours and they need to work it out and that they need to take it outside also.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... my boys are 18 months apart... 3 and 5 currently! And we have the same thing, one minute they are the best of friends, than they fight like cats and dogs, than back again to "their cycle"... ~*Giggles*~

Learn to take a deep breath, walk away, and I now state... "I didn't see what happened so I can't punish anyone", sorry that happened, it was wrong, but now it is time to GET ALONG

Mine fight daily, few times a day... than it passes to peace... and this isn't just in boys, my second cousin has 2 teen girls, and he has pulled one off the other... too close in age!!! Hahahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• sometimes you have to walk away from it, but i also noticed if my daughters start arguing i ask them to take time for themselves away from each other. one is playing in her room , the other is playing in the living room right now.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My brother and I are 18 months apart, and your post made me think of our mom. She would literally kick us out of the house (fenced in backyard) and tell us to beat it out of each other if we had to, but we were not allowed back inside until we were done fighting. I gave him a black eye more then once, he gave me a bloody nose, and my mom NEVER had any sympathy because she tried and tried to teach us love and compassion and it just wasn't happening. We too had nothing in our rooms except beds and it didn't matter, we fought from the time we woke up till the time we went to bed. She just stopped putting herself in the middle for her own sanity. The sad part is we're now 23 and 22 and although the fights have matured we don't beat each other, we still don't get along. We bickers every time we're together. I love him, but for whatever reason we are just not meant to be friendly siblings. Just know you're not alone in the situation
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I used to fight with my 2 brothers all the time I kept asking my mom if we could return this "gifts" from heaven but after started to grow up we realize we love eachother and now even that they are far away we call all the time, I just want you to know its not your fault sometimes as kids we were irrational and selfish.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My boys used to fight. They are 21 months apart. They are both over 18 now but when they were little it was constant. I liked to send them outside and I tried not to get involved unless someone was breaking the rules or someone was going to get hurt. Also if I couldn't determine whose did wrong I sent them both to their room. My boys still get on each others nerves.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2011