Which is better...

instant oatmeal & a huge glass of water, or nothing?

I know instant oatmeal isn't the best choice because of the sugar in it. We don't eat much of it, but I do like to keep a box or two in the house for quick breakfasts if we need it - we only go through 2-4 boxes a year of the stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Eating is better... starving causes your metabolism to slow down and gain more weight!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Eating something for breakfast is way better than not eating at all.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• mommaclark's got the right idea. if you're on the run, bananas are a great thing to grab and go too, and a good source of potassium
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 2:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Put the water on. When it boils add the oatmeal simmer for 3 to 4 minutes serve.
    Get dressed while it boils
    Do everyones hair while it simmers.

instant is better than nothing.
    The retailers have you convinced you do not have time. It does not take more time to make real.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I would make oatmeal before I had instant It is not that hard to make. As for water, add some ice, add a little lime or lemon.
    Donna1941

Answer by Donna1941 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It is far better to eat than not to. And Quaker original instant oatmeal has no added sugar and they've actually reduced the sugars in their other instant packets.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I know something is better than nothing. I've just seen so many other questions here where there's bashing going on for giving kids instant oatmeal. And this week I've eaten it 3 mornings. I'm not asking in terms of dieting, just in general. Sure, there are better options (REAL oatmeal, which I prefer & my kids love, but there isn't always time to cook it) but it's better than nothing, and better than so many other "at-hand" options like poptarts or other fake nasty crap like that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Why do you care what other people think about what you feed your family? Who cares, atleast you are feeding them. You can get packets of low sugar oatmeal, plain oatmeal, etc. I don't worry about other people's opinions and those that bash you need to look in the mirror because their lives are not perfect.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I vote for the oatmeal.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:30 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Go for the oatmeal.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2011