WWJD

what would Jesus do , with all these discussions in here , and opinions , lets remember jesus accepted everyone and helped anyone , zero judge-ing , i feel the same way , do you ?

define a christian.

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I believe that everyone should be accepted no matter what. but that also means that they should be accepted whether or not they accept Jesus as their savior.

It doesn't matter to me what religion someone is.  What matters to me is that they are a good person. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Absolutely, everyone has gotten to be way too judgmental. When you study the literature of the most followed faiths, you will find that they parallel in that what you do here (Earthly life) is be a good person and do something to make someone else's life better! It is not our place to judge anyone, what's the Scripture "Judge not, least ye be judged" (KJV)...that was written for a reason.
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 2:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• WWJD aside. People needs to remember the wise word's of Thumper 'If you can't say somthin' nice hen don't say nuthin' at all.' :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• What I love about Jesus was His incredible abililty to relate with genuine compassion even though we are beyond diverse. He could connect with someone on some level and leave them with a gift of knowledge. Even though there will be disagreements, we can at least try to relate as moms or hey, human beings.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• yeah , 2tinyhineys.
    letstalk747

Comment by letstalk747 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Define judging :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I think he would tell everyone to walk away from their computeres and start walking the walk, stop talking the talk, and go make a REAL difference in people's lives. Help someone less fortunate, lend a helping hand, show some real compassion.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Oh, I feel the same way. Jesus, IMO, was all about inclusion and acceptance, about tearing down the walls that divide us or segregate us, and helping us truly see each other and the goodness in everyone. And 2tinyhineys is right - he would meet people where they were, not expect them to somehow chance so they could be "good enough" for him to relate to. He never sought to force someone to change their mind, never argued or pushed his views on someone else, but instead shared wisdom and left them with something to think about. This attitude of being "better than" or having the "only" or "right" way to think isn't something that he would have been guilty of.

As for defining a Christian, lol, we just had this question the other day : http://www.cafemom.com/answers/732130/What_are

:)

bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• *change, lol sorry
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I agree that Jesus was generally loving, accepting, forgiving, and compassionate to others. I think a Christian is anyone who follows Jesus and his teachings and chooses to call themselves Christians (meaning Jesus is probably central to their beliefs or personal path) can be considered a Christian. There are also many other religions that recognize Jesus in some way or another too, but he is not considered the only diety or the only way and in some cases he is not considered divine but only a wise or enlighened teacher. So, while I primarily practice Buddhism, I do follow many of Jesus' teachings and study Christianity, but don't consider myself a Christian.  I do think aspiring to be Christ-like or follow Jesus' teachings could be a good thing for anyone.

pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2011