DH just, reunited with DD.

My DH just, seen his DD and it's been20yrs. since, he saw her last. He was told yrs ago by his Ex that she wasn't his so, he didn't persue staying in touch w/ them. Everyone said that she she was his but, Ex cheated on him and he wasn't sure. She does look like him in some ways but, there is always that doubt. He does have a relationship w/ her now and he loves it. He didn't have any other children. My question is should they have DNA test to make sure or just, let it go. He doesn't care one way or the other nor, does she. Just, wondering.

pswiley

Asked by pswiley at 2:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• it doesn't seem like he was ever interested in being a dad in the 1st place. If he was dating the ex and she got pregnant, there is a chance the child is his whether she cheated or not. he should have taken the test a long time ago because he had sex with her. what if the child is his?? this child missed out on having her father around which is not right. i do not understand why men do not take a DNA test just to be certain that the child is not theirs. if i was a man, any woman i have slept with who turns up pregnant (within a certain time frame) i will be having a blood test just to make sure i did not miss out on raising my possible child.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Let them decide.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• And depending on who she cheated with... do proper testing?!?! My husband's ex did his cousin and brother and she did the cheapie test test that simply proves it was his family line rather than which one... I learned when I qustion the company as to why it wasn't able to be used in a court of law
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• At this point I don't guess it really matters... If they are happy about the situation as it is then that's great.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ~*YES*~... any time a person cheats, even if the child looks just like you.. GET A DNA TEST!!! It would be another injustice to find out later he was building a relationship just to find out it wasn't his!!! That is cruel to do to a kid as well, thinking he's "daddy" when mommy is only one that knows the truth
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• yeah i would get a dna test just to be on the safe side but if there ok with everything then i dont see the problem
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• If she's happy and he's happy I would let it go, It's not like she's young enough for him to have to pay child support or anything right.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2011