How can I get my pre teenage son to behave in school? Whenever he gets mad he has been known to bite the people around him.

Asked by BarbEDahl at 2:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• This is not typical behavior at this age. Does he have a diagnosis?

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• The school will kick him out. Then he should learn.

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Sounds like he needs to see a counselor. that's definitely not pre teen behavior

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• He's a pre-teen and he's BITING?!? Something is wrong!!

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ummmmmmmmmm, i'm sure there is more to the story, because a preteen just doesn't bite.............does he has asperger's or something else.

Answer by mghtymffn at 3:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• like they said- there has to be a reson for that age don't usually bite

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Your preteen bites? There is something wrong there. Get him evaluated and counseling before he gets kicked out of school and arrested for assult.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I agree with all other previous posters your pre-teen should not be biting, this is not a normal behavior, unless there is more to the story we're not being told, like an autism diagnosis or some other disability. If your son has no diagnosis, I too suggest counseling before one of the other parents gets upset and presses assault charges, because as a pre-teen that's what he's doing, he's assaulting fellow classmates.

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• has anyone bit him lately ? sorry sounds horrible i know but the truth is let him know if he bites ANYONE he will get bit too . this was the only deterrent that worked for my daughter .that and NO ONE would talk to her the rest of the day when she got home .she HATED that .it sends a strong merssage that you have to be social to socialize .

Answer by nanafor5 at 8:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Thanks for all of your comments, I don't believe he has a disorder because it is not an everyday behavior, it just happens on a rare occasions. If it happens again I think i will try to get the whole family to give him the silent treatment...hopefully that works but if it doesn't, I agree counseling may be the only solution . fingrs crossed

Comment by BarbEDahl (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2011