Family Pictures? How many is too much?

My DH is a big family guy and it got worse after his mother passed away which, I can understand. I've lost both of mine, too. But, he has 43 8x10 pictures on our living room walls. Mine you this is not a big living 16x20. I some times feel like his Mom and Dad are gonna jump out of the wall and get me. I've told him that there r way to many but he says he wants them up and thats that. What to do?

pswiley

Asked by pswiley at 2:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow, that seems like it is overwhelming. I personally don't like much on my walls, because I like the feeling of an open, uncluttered home. Have you talked to him about this? I can defiantly see a FEW pics on the walls... but 43?? Thats over the top. What if you took one down once a week? Would he even notice? Or talk to him about remodeling, painting... and then NOT putting as many pics up? I dont know, that just seems like way to much to me!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I think you should just let him be. If it makes him happy and keeps him feeling close to his mother then why worry about it.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 3:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• If he wants too have them up I think you should respect his wish. Someday you may have something that he finds "to much" and he will honor your wish as well.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I dont know cause we dont have enough but wish we had more, then again were in our mid 20s so Im sure we will accumulate :). Maybe try to space them out a little so its not so cluttered.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• If it's been a short time of him losing his parent(s), then this seems pretty normal considering he is still grieving. I would give it some time and let him have his pictures up. This will help him heal slowly. IMO, it's definetly not worth arguing over or making anyone feel bad. In time, he will start taking them down or will allow you to take them down.
    Dreamlander

Answer by Dreamlander at 2:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i am a photographer and would love to have that many pictures on the wall and many more, so i guess i am not the best person to really answer the question, but i think having pictures up a lot of them makes it known that he cares a lotfor the family and he is probably afraid of losing everyone else too. i would sit him down and ask about that. maybe make a photo album for him and put them in there if he wants even more pictures and if yall can come to an agreement put some of them on the wall int he album too
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Ah, maybe they are up just for stepmom....
    Dreamlander

Answer by Dreamlander at 3:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• well why dont you ask him to compromise like have half of his & half of yours on the wall instead of all of his pics goodluck mama i hope everything is ok
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Do you have other walls besides the ones he has them on? Maybe you should go and get some pics done of you and your family (him, the kids etc) and suggest you move some of his photos into the hall way and make room for new photos of your family together?

Answer by gemgem at 3:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• That does somund like alot, I get the kids pictures taken all the time, but I don't display them all the time. each frame that I have has 6-7 pictures inside, when I feel like a change, I refresh them, maybe you can suggest this to your husband.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2011