Im scare of clowns!!!

I dont like clowns since I was very little my parents would seat me in front of the clown to watch his show and I would turn my head away or cry I hated them and to top it of years later in my home town there was a pervert who would dressed like a clown and kidnap kids at schools or around. Its something bigger than me I just cant not see them close to me or I panic...Ironically Im planning a circus theme 1st birthday party for my baby because the colors and activities are fun and pretty for young children, but I dont think I will include clown characters just baby animals and magicians and not clown performance I know Im wrong because clowns are the main character of circus I might just put on clown makeup and hair on for him but no one else lol

JPAJsmom

Asked by JPAJsmom at 2:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You are not wrong. Clowns are creepy to A LOT of people, including me. What is fun about some creepy person hiding behind a death white face with a fake expression. I personally think it is unnatural to think clowns are great. I'd leave it out too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My friend's teenage daughter lives with me and she too is Coulrophobia (fear of clowns). At first, I didn't understand. I researched it to make sure it was a real fear and then we worked from there. I think the first step is acknowledging that clowns are a part of the circus theme and by you having that theme in general (with or without the clowns) you are helping yourself overcome the fear. keep thinking the way you are and you will battle your fear. Just the other day, me and Selina (the one I mentioned) watched a clown show together. She was totally calm. We have worked her all the way up to that point and she is doing great.
    Dreamlander

Answer by Dreamlander at 2:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• o hate clowns so much too i cant be around them
    y the fuck are they always smiling and hiding behind all makeup i dont trust them and i hate the fact that your average family expects a clown in a kids party and i just hate them i dont want to pay for something i hate they are so creepy have u seen the movie IT they are all like that
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I dont like clowns either. and the circus music creeps me out!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Where's the question...? LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• We all hate them except for my mom who was collecting them. Lol
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• scaredy cat....lol just a person dressed up
    Anonymous

• Clowns are creepy!!!!!!!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I'm not scared of clowns. I just don't get the whole thing of adults dressing like that. I guess I don't like all that kind of physical humor. Now, I work with some clowns that make me want to run screaming into the night!!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i agree clowns are really creepy. i dont blame you for not wanting to have a clown
    wisdomfrmsuffer

Answer by wisdomfrmsuffer at 10:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2011