Is Glee a "childrens" show??

I just read an article in "the stir" talking about Lea Michelle's cleavage in a photo shoot and how a lot of parents are really upset because the Glee actors should be setting a good example. So do you allow your kids to watch Glee and how old are they ? Oh and do you see anything wrong with the Glee stars doing somewhat "racy" photo shoots?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I watched it once and have told my 3 teens thats something you dont need to be watching.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Can i ask why? I mean i LOVE glee and my dd is only 4 so its not really an issue but if she was in middle school i would think it was totally appropriate for her to watch.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• it's a prime time show on fox!!! wtf would make ppl think its a kids show. and seriously cleavage is not a big deal as long as it's not 2 foot long wrinkled cleavage
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• No I don't think it is a kid show. I watch it and enjoy it, but if I had any kids they would not be watching this show. I don't think I need to explain why I feel this way if you have seen at least one episode. I think it's fine for those late teens and up, but any younger? No, I would not want any of my kids behaving as they do on that show.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I watched it once and no it is not a good show for kids. Unless u want your kids to go around dressing trampy.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My dd who is 17 months loves dancing to that dumb show. She isn't old enough to understand it yet. As for kids watching it, nah, but I think if they were say a freshman in high school, why not? Not like they don't see that kind of stuff walking around the mall anyways.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I think it is IFFY younger than 13. It is rated TV-14. We are talking a show based in a HIGH SCHOOL with HIGH level situations. Thus is is not appropriate for younger children. Personally, it should air later than 8pm.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My kids watch it occasionally but we don't censor most but, no, I wouldn't consider it a "kid" show. It's geared towards teens and up.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My girls are 7 and 9 and it's not something I would feel comfortable with them watching.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I love the show but do not allow my 8 year old daughter to watch. The Brittney episode was racy, one showed them doing everything but being intimate (the episode where some of them were frustrated), yeah, not for kids. She has watched many other PG13 things with me, but it depends on why the show has the rating. And I could care less about the actors photo shoots. They are just photos, and they are in their 20's. Who cares.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 3:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2011