Vaginal Ultrasound...

Are they able to tell the sex of a baby when a vaginal ultrasound is done if you are only 14wks? I have to have one done once a month from here on out and was wonder if and when they were able to tell the sex of the baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Between 16-20 weeks typically.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It is possible but not likely. Usually closer to 18-21 weeks before they get a good look.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Too early to tell the sex of the baby. My daughter in uteuro always had her hand down there so we weren't able to tell until she was born. With my son, I had to have 2 amnios.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 3:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• 14 weeks is to early.
    The closer to 20 weeks the better.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It is sometimes possible that early, especially with a vaginal scan. If they do tell you be sure and ask them how certain they are, and wait until you get the same answer at the following ultrasound before you do too much gender specific shopping.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It's likely too early, sometimes they can "tell: but make a mistake. I was told we were having a girl at 14 weeks; he ended up being a boy :) I wouldn't buy anything gender specific until you are past 20 weeks or so.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Usually the Vag over the belly kind is done to predict a due date and the baby is too small to see the traditional way... in which case it means that you are not far enough along to tell male from female just yet
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Possible, but not likely to be super accurate. Wait unti your 20 week.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011