Baby showers

i was talking to one of my friends thats pregnant, and she was saying how she might have 3 baby showers for this one baby, i mean i can understand her parents planning 2 different ones since they are divorced but 3? i mean the babies dads family and her dad can plan one together

i think its selfish of her to have 3 baby showers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think if 3 different circles of friends or side of the family want to hole her one it would be rude of her to say ' no thanks, I already had one.' It wasn't HER idea. She is not being selfish since SHE didn't plan them or ask for them to be planned. In fact ofr all you know she could have told them they didn't have to but THEY wanted to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Let her do what she wants, if you dont like it, don't go
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I think 3 may be over kill, but if they want to plan them for her, why not. I wouldn't have wanted 3, I was exhausted after 1.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Wow!!! Jealous???
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Hey if she has 3 sets of people willing to throw a party for the baby coming...why not?
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 3:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I think it's overkill.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 3:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I think it's fine as long as the same people aren't invited to all of them.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Wow! I wish I was her! I never had a baby shower, I had to buy everything myself! More power to her!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I ended up have three baby showers, I didn't plan any of them and even tried to get one of them combined but it didn't work. My friends threw me one in the town I live in. My son's father's family threw me one in the town they live in about an hour away and my mom threw me one where she lives which is about 4 hours away. All three were for different people. I couldn't exactly tell anyone no because they would have been upset. If her situation is like mine was she has no real choice unless she wants to hurt someones feelings. And then which shower do you decide to go to?!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• As long as the same people aren't coming to each of the showers, I don't see a problem. With my first, I had a small shower with my girlfriends, a small shower three hours away with my extended family (cousins, aunts, because they all lived a few hours away), and a very small shower with my mom's coworkers because they decided to throw one for me. I had one shower for my son and it was probably the same size as those three combined because of the size of my hubby's family.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011