Go to the party or not... maybe sick kid...Help me! lol adult content

My DD (3) has had a snotty nose for a couple of weeks now. This morning she threw up slim 2 times. She did not eat any lunch just drank some milk and was kind of puny. She took a nap and is now fine. Other than the still snotty nose... No fever, no diarrhea, no cough or sneezing, no vomiting since this morning, ate a cookie about an hour ago. What do you think? take her to the birthday party or not. My son wants to go so I feel bad for him... Maybe go for a short while. I don't know...

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• The slime is probably just mucus but I wouldn't go, or call and see if you can just drop your son off. Let them know it's because your daughter isn't feeling well. If I was throwing the birthday party I wouldn't want any illness around on my kids day and would have no problem keeping an eye on him.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 3:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Without a fever or vomiting, and if she is not feeling dizzy, weak and keeping food down I would think she could go. It could be allergies. If there is drainage, that could be the cause for the vomiting too. Is it possible to take your son without her, if she isn't feeling up for it?
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 3:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I wish there was that would solve everything but DH is working so it's just me!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I wouldnt go. My grandson had the same symptoms last weekend, and it turned out he was carrying the flu. All the kids at the party ended up sick including my youngest who turned 6. She is very sick. I wouldnt want to risk getting other kids sick. Believe me if you talk to my oldest dd (grandsons mom) she feels horrible about bringing him to the party sick now.

Answer by gemgem at 3:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I wouldnt take her.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• there's no way your son could just go?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't go; since she just threw up I'd guess whatever she has could still be passed. What a birthday present for the other children, you know? Do something fun with your kids at home.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Maybe you could make arrangements to just drop your son off and pick him up. I'm sure the mom will understand if you have a sick baby.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i wouldnt go what if she does have something you have just made a bunch of other kids sick
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 4:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Personally, I wouldn't go. Why risk other people and their children and make her more miserable if she really is sick.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2011