Tens machine short tearm ot long tearm help ?

i have a bad knee and get strong pain killer for it so i got myself a tens machine about 2 weeks ago , the 1st time i put it on i about jumpped out my skin but over the next 2 week i gone up and up the steeing so it got me think dose your body get used to it and it dose not work once you got used to the highist setting

feralkitten

Asked by feralkitten at 3:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Health

• It's just like pain medication, your body will become immune to it. I was told to use my tens unit only 3 times a week. And to keep it at the same strength for a week at a time to maximize the usage period.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ek i'm useing it upto 12 times a day
    feralkitten

Comment by feralkitten (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Yikes! I'd talk to your doctor. Are you seeing a pain management specialist? If not, I'd ask to be referred to one, they might be able to help with other techniques to help deal with you pain. acupuncture actually helped my hip out a lot!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i'm not seeing a pain specialist i just dont wona take my pain killers because of side effect i'm only 28 and i have a 2 year old and 5 month old boys
    feralkitten

Comment by feralkitten (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I'm the same way. I hate taking pain pills, or any medication for that matter. Im only 23 and have been seeing a pms for 3 years now. They can do so many things regular doctors can't. Maybe a steroid shot would help you?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2011