Normal?

Okay so I haven't really been around that many little boys, so I dont really know... My aunt has 3 boys, ages 6, 3, and 2. Anyhow she is going through a divorce and the oldest is having a really hard time. He has started masturbating. He will do it in the back of their van and lock himself in the bathroom. I know the other boys have seen this. The 3 yr old has begun talking about penises constantly, and showing everyone... Is it normal for boys to be completely obsessed with their penises? Even at these young ages? I am seriously concerned for them.

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 5:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• I think it's more normal for the toddler years. My 5 1/2 year old doesn't talk about his at all unless there's a problem with it (positioned weird in his pants or whatever). It sounds like it has something to do with the divorce. She should get all of the kids some counselling and really to talk them about what's going on. He is probably really stressed out, and we all know how to relieve stress right? LOL!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• He is awfully young for that I would think.I would be concerned he was being molested by some one. But what do I know, I have girls, no boys.

Answer by louise2 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• thats what I am concerned about as well louise.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My 4 year old CONSTANTLY has to be reminded to take his hands out of his pants. My six year old doesn't play with himself but he talks about what he thinks sex is....Too loaded of a topic for me, so I gave them BOTH a VERRYY watered down disscussion...honestly all boys are different and it might very well be just a way to release tension. I would start explaining that he needs to be more appropriate with it, that it's a private thing and that no one wants to see him doing that...
    Don't know if it would matter, but why are they divorcing? Maybe he needs some counceling, third party to talk to might not be a bad idea!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 7:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• They are divorcing because he is an asshole. Hes crazy and has been for the 12 yrs they have been together... She is a teacher, and very smart, but surprisingly all three were a surprise... They didnt want children... but of course they love them now!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2008