I have been so sick.......

I'm 9 1/2 weeks and I have been so sick, not even fluids want to stay down. My stomach is bloated and hard, it's bigger than my baby bump. Has anyone else gone threw this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Graham crackers before you even raise you head, try to wait ten minute to rise, if you still get sick, keep nibbling on the graham crackers....not as dry and nasty as saltines.
    Tanya0921

Answer by Tanya0921 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• hmmm.... that doesn't sound right... the part about you belly being bloated and hard... you better call your doctor and get checked out. if it is just morning sickness junk, then try eating saltines (honest to God they work) even if its just a nibble... oranges always helped me (don't know why) but if you can get even a little down at a time to the point you actualy manage to eat something, then start eating tiny meals every couple of hours. don't let your self get hungry or full. eat before you are hungry and stop before you are full. thats how i managed mine.
    momsamillion

Answer by momsamillion at 9:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• This sounds worse than just morning sickness. You might have come down with something. It's easier to get sick while pregnant because your body is protecting the baby and not you. Try to drink fluids and eat at least saltines or bread. However if you still can't keep anything down and can't get fluids into yourself then go to the doctor or ER. You don't want to dehydrate and it could be a sign that something's wrong or a really bad illness.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• thank you everyone :0)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Be very careful that you don't get dehydrated! If you can't even keep liquids down you need to call your doc. My friend ended up hospitalized for dehydration when she was 3 months along because she couldn't even keep water down. Please don't let it go too long, the worst that can happen is that they tell you to go home because it is normal...but why take a chance? Good luck, I hope you feel better.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2008