Help Please?...Sick Baby....

My baby is 10 months old...I took her to the doc this morning for temp. 100.5...coughing...congestion...they put her on nebulizer treatments , Robitussin, Omnicef, and Prednisone....then after we got home I went to change her diaper and she had pooped and i saw a little bit of blood...what should I do???

LindseysMom08

Asked by LindseysMom08 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it is only a little bit, I wouldnt worry. Coughing can cause straining on all areas of the body and could have just ruptured a tiny blood vessel. If you continue to see blood or the amount increases, then I would seek medical attention. Also, try calling her pediatrician and relaying your concern and he/she will be able to tell you weather or not to come back in!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Oh, and if they took a rectal temperature, that could be why too! I know babies dont like it and often them wiggling and fighting the thermometer can cause tiny cuts as well!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I would call the doc just to be sure but since it was just a little i wouldn't worry too much, but i know talking to the doctor can help
    Momma_Forever

Answer by Momma_Forever at 6:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Give your doc a call, but don't worry too much. Her body seems to be going through a lot, and a little blood is usually ok. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Thats a lot of medicine! Anyways, I would call ped, but probably normal with temp taking.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2008