Anyone Seen Gnomeo and Juliet?

I took my older two to see it (11 & 13) today, it was a cute movie!! 3D has really changed since the last time I saw one - it looked really cool!!

I did have a bit of sticker shock; $55 for the three of us at a matinee. We had snacks of course, but I didn't realize how expensive movies had become! (I usually send the kids by themselves or with my DH. We had a small theater up the street from our old house that played first-run moves for $3.)

Has anyone else seen it? What do ya'll think of the expense?? Are movies similarly priced in your area?

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 3:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Entertainment

• Thanks for posting! Was wondering if it was actually any good. The trailer was funny, but that doesn't mean a whole lot these days.
    Tickets for 3-D matinee here run 12.50 each, including kids.
    jazzgal

Answer by jazzgal at 9:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• 3D is mainly a marketing gimmick, it is a means to make films these days and successfully market them to the kids.

My kids like the 3D too, but we have realized that most 3D movies are really not worth the cost you pay. We pay $50 per 3D movie for our family too.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 4:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• yes..we just went this afternoon too. I didnt mind paying the $30 bucks for my sons enjoyment..after all, that was his v-day present. what i did mind was the asshole behind us that would not stop coughing.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• my son didnt notice it..so thats the only way i was able to sit through it...if it had been a movie i wanted to see i wouldve gotten up and walked out and demanded tickets for later in the day. I didnt want to ruin my sons time so i sat through it and counted the minutes...the ending was cute though and kinda kept me entertained
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• No, but I want to!
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Saw it yesterday. Very cute movie, and the sound track is awesome. We did not see it in 3D, I thought my 4 yr old was too young. The movie is more expensive in 3D

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• We haven't but want to.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Spottedpony; it would have been equally as enjoyable without the 3D; they did have another screen showing the regular version (which I thought was pretty cool of them to do). My kids didn't care either way, it was me that wanted to see the 3D, LOL! The visual effects were really well done, it didn't look like they were trying to justify the 3D, if that makes sense.
    Scuba

Comment by Scuba (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Oh Shay, that sucks!! I'm glad you had a nice time in spite of the jerk though. WHY do people go to the theater when they are coughing like that??? I don't, it's rude.
    Scuba

Comment by Scuba (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2011