8wks prego with blood in urine

I went to the OB today...I have blood in my urine...when the nurse told me she asked if I was bleeding today...I said no, have had no type of spotting so far...I'm scared...is this a possible sign of miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Blood in urine sounds like an infection to me...either a bladder infection or a UTI. She didn't give you meds for it?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• We need more information! What else did the nurse say? I'd suspect a UTI as well, but it's scary in early pregnancy!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have had uti's throughout my pregnancies (3) almost the hole time and never had blood in my urine. Not to say its not possible.

But like PP said what else did the nurse say? Did she give you anything for it. If they aren't worried or running more test then I wouldnt worry.
    Anonymous

• If it's in your urine it's a UTI. If it's from your vagina, then start worrying. I think UTIs during pregnancy is pretty common.
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 6:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• kidney, badder, or urinary tract infection...very common with pregnancies...had them the whole time i was pregnant with my oldest and none with the others!
    pajamk

Answer by pajamk at 6:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• They said I have a virus similar to "hand,foot, mouth"....and that itwas because of the lowered immune system in pregnancy. That having the virus was not detrimental in early pregnancy, but not good either, and that I needed to rest and take care of myself
    Anonymous