Fundraising ideas for Elementary School

Okay, well I did a really brave (or stupid) thing and signed up to chair the Fundraising for our local Elementary school this week. As I am a new parent with a first year student I don't even know what fundraisers are done at Elementary Schools. But I'm not afraid to do it. I just need some help.

What Fundraisers have you done at your Elementary school that you really liked and that brought in the most dollars?

oregonmom22

Asked by oregonmom22 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Walk-A-Thon, Innisbrook, Cookie Dough, and Raffle Tickets

World's Finest Chocolate fundraiser is popular.  The bars are delicious. I wish my child's school did that one. http://www.worldsfinestchocolate.com/

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Walk-A-Thon, Mr. Z's Pizza, Yankee Candles
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have done them for years lol. We sell candy and also sell wrapping paper. The wrapping paper usually brings in good sales but is usually done before Christmas. You can also sell magazines and that brings in some good things. You can try this site

http://www.fasttrackfundraising.com/school-fundraising.php

I have used them before. Beyond that you can do bake sales, come up with some spring time festival where all profits go to the school. You can ask local businesses to help with donations as well. Good luck.

Answer by gemgem at 4:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Regardless of all the fancy catologs and such the thing that brings in the most $ every single year..is selling chocolate bars. They are a dollar, and have a coupon on the back. The kids don't get all hyped up with 'look what amazing prizes you could win" NOBODY EVER wins them. The class that sells the most..gets a pizza and movie Friday. The student who sells the most gets 5 free "No Homework" passes. Last year our school raised $13,OOO just from selling choclate bars.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Just thought of one more- not sure what the company is but they sell gift cards (tons of them) and percentages of the sales go to the school.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My middle son's school is continually coming up with one fundraiser after another, and as a parent, I really wished the school would stop coming up with some new scheme to make money!!! Tell us what you need, what it will be spent on, and simply take parent donations... I start to over time wonder what they do for others outside of themselves considering thir hand is continually in our faces with some new fundraiser but never know why they seem to always be broke???
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

Scrip

My child's school does that one, too.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• This is one I wish our school would do...
    put together a cookbook of all the parents favorite recipes
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• They do school skate nights and that goes over VERY well
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2011