Do you ever feel like just doing your own thing for a few moments?

Well for example I sit down to talk to you ladies and my dd wants to ride her bike she is still learning well she still can not balance herself I have tried but her weight I can not control any more so she tries every once in awhile. Anyway she kind of gets it but not that good yet she is in the garage practicing well I was out there for awhile then decide to come in I get on my Ipad and she comes barging in saying mommy come watch me but yet she yells at me for trying to correct her that is why I came in she acts like I don't want to be with her but to tell you the truth no bc she is such a drama queen I tried but she basically blew that one for me. When I am done here I will try again. Oh she tells me she can ride her bike but when she goes to show me she falls...ugh!
She just keeps saying mommy wait I can do this so I wait and watch and over and over she falls I tell her keep practicing and she just ssshhhes me like I know mommy.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• All moms need a break! I get mine when my dau is busy with other things. But if she needs me, she can have me. They're only little for such a brief time. Enjoy your moments- b/c b4 you know it, she'll be asking for the car keys & some $ & wont want your attention at all. Hang in there mama! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I agree all moms need a break. Don't feel bad for wanting one or getting bored watching your child do the same thing 100 times. But now that mine are school aged I miss them needing me as much as they used to and I'm sure when they are teens I'll miss them being as cute as they used to and when they are teens ....etc...hope you got the point. Cherish it because it isn't forever.
    Dee24997

Answer by Dee24997 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I understand you 100% my son is the same way with his video games or his skateboard 100 times a day he's asking mommy and daddy to watch him and we also get tired specially when we are doing something I feel bad too sometimes it's hard to balance everything, but its true they are only little once then they are gone =(
    JPAJsmom

Answer by JPAJsmom at 9:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2011