Dealing with a bully at my work. Uhh, grow up all ready!

I am exhausted with communicating respectively with a coworker and now I think the only solution would be for this bully to work on themselves and make better choices, which will less likely happen. Seriously, I am doing a good job and no persons verbal abuse will ever damage my self esteem. Right ladies!!!!!

My question is, when I am around this person, I still want to take the high road? Any suggestions on what to do? I still talk decent to this person when it comes to work. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• Killing them w/ kindness can be exhausting! -lol But good for you for your continued efforts. Like anon said, just keep it professional & avoid any further contact whenever possible. Your Karma points are piling up! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Make the rule with yourself that if it's not business related you don't hang around her and you don't even say hi to them. You ignore them.
    If it's business related, keep it business and don't let the convo stray. Always bring it back to business.
    Anonymous

• If you can't beat them, join them ~ start teasing this co-worker to try and lighten things up. At my first job, I just hated this one woman until it finally occurred to me, she was teasing me! She wasn't being mean. So when I teased her back, she loved it!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:02 AM on Feb. 13, 2011