Has anyone ever had a water spot show up in a DLP-style TV screen?

I have a 60" Mitsubishi DLP television. I've only had it for three months or so, and I just noticed that there is some sort of liquid between the two screens. It's a small spot (Relatively, anyway, only about the size of my hand), but you can see it move if you touch the screen.

I have two little ones and my 4 year old is in the habit of mixing his drinks, so it could be water, milk, juice, soda, or any combination of the 4.

Has anyone had this happen? How did you repair it or get it repaired, and how much did it cost?

LokisMama

Asked by LokisMama at 4:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Technology

• OMG! I hate to tell you this but we purchased a 72" about 3 yrs. ago and never had a problem then the lamp inside went out had to replace that then about 2 months ago the screen started to developed these little white spots (dots) first 1 then 2 then 8 then 20 and so on...ugh!!! We took it to get fixed but it would cost us the same as buying a new one so we did but the same television I was so mad at my dh he said that the new tv is better and has been upgraded and now we know not to let the warranty expire. Since he is the bread winner I can only say so much I personally would have went with another brand. But hang in there if it gets worse you just might have to do the same and if you do buy another please don't buy the same unless you don't bring home the bacon...lol GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Oh and ours was and is a Mitsubishi too.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2011