Can you lance your own boob? lol I know it sounds crazy but I have clogged milk ducts and it caused a big lump of it to be in my nipple. I heard doctors have to lance them sometimes. It's driving me nuts and I just want to make a small incision and see if it will come out.

Btw I can't go to the doctor about it. I don't have insurance or the money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Health

• You run the risk of an infection, which would in turn cost more money. I would try hot compresses and massages to see if you can't get it to fix itself. Otherwise, I say the best solution is the doctor. See if you have an office that charges by your level of income. It could also be a cyst.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• you get can an infection. So sure if that is what you want then go a head. I personally would not do it. Even if you think you have steralized your tool. I would go to the doctor.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Use cold, raw cabbage leaves, dear. One hour on, 3 hours off. It should pull the infection out within 24 hours. If not, you will have to go to the doctor.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I agree it is a bad idea to lance it yourself. It may not even be necessary. It sounds painful. Do you have a breast pump? If so pump and use hot compresses and cold cabbage leaves until you get it remedied.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• How are you doing today?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 18, 2008