How to start daycare?

I want to start watching children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• The first thing I would do is check what the state and local laws are in your area. IMO, parents are going to want a certified place to watch/teach their children. Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Find out what the laws and regulations in your area are.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• you dont necessarily need to be certified, you can put an ad up on craigslist.org. But if something happends to a kid you can be in a lot of trouble
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Start researching how many kids you can have in your home at a time without a license. You'd be surprised that you can start babysitting without any special stuff or permissions.
    In my city, you can have up to 4 children.
    Anonymous

• There are many laws in every state regarding day care facilities. You need to do a lot of research. Also, are you zoned to have that kind of business in your neighborhood?
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 5:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Check with your state because some states ... like mine ( Kansas) requires you be licensed if you want kids more than 24 hours a week and they are not related to you. Go to your states website and search it. I do at home daycare and will be starting to do it full time. I'm waiting on my home inspection before I can get my license.
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 5:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I used to do it from my home, check out the article I wrote on it! HOMECAREERSUCCESS.COM
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2011