Names

So. DH and I are trying to pick some names for the baby Im pregnant with. He said my names are too weird for a girl.
Cambria Teagen
Anissa (pronounced Ah-knee-sa) Catherine

what do you think? He hasnt picked any names period. For boys I have (as my top 2)
Jordan Michael(Michael after our dads and my older brother)
Alec Teagen

rocker_mommy_08

Asked by rocker_mommy_08 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Baby Names

• Cambria reminds me of the Coheed and Cambria band. Not a fan.

I like Alec and Anissa.
    Anonymous

• I love Co&Ca but believe it or not thats not why i picked the name. Its was on a post w names that someones DH hated (DS is Corbin so I thought it went no. Corbin and Cambria)
    rocker_mommy_08

Comment by rocker_mommy_08 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I like Coheed and Cambria, but I don't like the name that sounds so similar to the band. Just not authentic or original IMO. So therefore, I am not a fan of the name.
    Anonymous

• Im not a fan of the girls names, the boys ones are cute
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I don't like the first girl name at all. Cambria reminds of Coheed and Cambria and I automatically associate the name with a guy with big hair. lol. I've always felt Teagan was more of a boy's name.

Anissa Catherine is really pretty, but the way you have Anissa spelled makes me think it's pronounced Uh-nis-uh. I went to school with a girl named Aneesa, which is prounced the way you are pronouncing Anissa.

I like Alec Teagan better than Jordan Michael just because I don't like the name Michael. Alec Jordan is cute too.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• LOL when DH and I got together, he had never heard Co&Ca. We had them playing in the car on my ipod and he was like "god..this guy sound like some skinny little b***h". We got home and I pulled up the picture of them and he was in shock. he kept saying "theres no way that big dude is the singer!!!" (sorry the first part of your comment made me think of that
    as far as the way the name is pronounced, my friends name is spelled Anesa and her name is pronounced (uh-ness-ah)
    rocker_mommy_08

Comment by rocker_mommy_08 (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have always loved Teagan (considered using it, but with the more gaelic spelling "Taegen") and I like Catherine, but not the other 2 names, so my vote would be for Teagan Catherine or Catherine Teagan.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I like Jordan Michael a lot. I'm not a fan of either of the girl names.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 8:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Cambria Teagen is great! Even though i used to listen to Co&Ca they never came to mind until i started reading the comments. I knew a girl in high school named Cambria so she comes to mind first. And I LOVE Teagan. This is the name we have picked out for if we ever have another girl.
    I really like Jordan Michael. Alec is cute but I personally think that the name Teagen sounds really girly so i wouldnt use it for a boy.

coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 2:31 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I agree with your husband on the girls.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 3:03 AM on Feb. 13, 2011