Should I have another right now?

I'm currently finishing up college and will be done next year. I am staying at home with my 4 year old son (who will start preschool this sept.) and my older son who will be in 1st grade this September. I have been happily married for the last 5 years and my family is big believers in big families. I want another child but don't think this is the right time in my life to have another one. I want to wait but don;t like the idea my kids will be spaced out so much. My DH is wonderful and would love another child. Please help!

Dee24997

Asked by Dee24997 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• i agree it's about how u feel about it.otherwise you jsut find yourself worrying.finsih the college and then see about it! Dont pressure yourself...now or in a year isnt a big difference. maybe there's a new perspective to things in a year.
    Davina85

Answer by Davina85 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• If you don't think it's the right time then do it when you think it is the right time.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... if worries about them being spaced out so far, time it so that it comes a month or so after you graduate?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• "I want another child but don't think this is the right time in my life to have another one."

... why isn't it a good time for your next? I think if you feel in your gut that it isn't the right time, then you should listen to yourself - but ask yourself why.

I figure if they are already going to be spaced 4 and 6 years apart - what hard could another year or two do? My dad's youngest brother is the same age as my husband! We all get along just fine, I promise! :)
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Our girls are all close together. But My dad and his youngest sister (there are a total of 5 kids in the family) are 24 years apart. Her children and my children are the same age and play with each other a ton. A benefit on my end. But I agree it has to be something that you feel good about.

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 5:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• You have a lot on your plate- finish school and then have the baby!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 3:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• If you're a believer in big families, why not have two more in a couple years? The older ones have each other to play with and so will the little ones. And the older ones will be old enough to help out! Mine are 13, 11, 9, 2 and 7 months.

Answer by missanc at 9:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2011