Nursery theme & gender

Did you have a theme for your nursery design? If so, what gender was your baby?

How did you pick if you didn't know the gender?

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never picked an actual theme. I picked a color theme for both girls. the first one was pink and yellow, now that she is a toddler she has a tinkerbell themed room. With the second one thats due here soon, I picked pink and lavender
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i had a boy and i had a jungle theme for it and every morning when he wakes up and i go grab him out of his crib he's jibber jabbering to the animals on his bumper lol we would have had jungle theme either way honestly cuz it's just something a little more fun for them
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I am doing a cream color theme. Its called Snickerdoodle. We don't know what we are having yet but it is very gender neutral. This picture doesn't do it justice. I love the different squares because they are all different textures, and super soft!

mysticlady1221

Answer by mysticlady1221 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• lol. We expected a boy, so we did a nautical theme....guess what? We had a girl!
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I did a jungle theme for my boy, I would probably have done the same if I had had a girl.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• When we found out we were having a boy, we decided on the Peek-a-boo Snoopy set by Lambs & Ivy. The main colours are pale sage green, tan and blue. His walls are pale sage.

Jennishness

Answer by Jennishness at 5:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My son's nursery is going to be green with yellow and blue accents. The bedding is polka dots and stripes with animals and yellow, green and blue. We waited until we knew the gender to choose the nursery. If I hadn't been able to find out the gender, we would have done this really cute bumblebee nursery set.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Here's our bedding actually!

toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• We didn't find out what we were having. We did Zanzibar for the theme.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• For DS1, we knew it was a boy. We did monkeys with blue, yellow, and tan.
    For DS2 (on the way), it's also a boy. We did green, brown, yellow with polka dots and stripes.

If you don't know, you just pick gender neutral colors (orange/brown, green/brown, yellows, etc.).
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 8:55 AM on Feb. 13, 2011