Is Vaseline good for the skin?

I know women who put it on their faces before they go to bed. I also heard it is good to rub all over the hands for a "youthful" look. It is supposed to help "lift" the skin.
( Or petroleum jelly.)

Kim370

Asked by Kim370 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i persanally wouldnt use it, i love natural oils my fav is jajoba oil, i use it daily on my face and legs after i shave and it makes everything feel so soft...
    KPrice777

Answer by KPrice777 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It probably is good. But marketers say it is bad because it is so cheap and they want to sell you the $40 a jar cream.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I heard it is bad to use lip balm with it in there, so I say not good for the skin.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It is definitely good for your skin. I would't put it on my lips or around eyes b/c they are sensitive areas, but elbows, hands & feet? Yep!
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• NO, NO, NO! It's petroleum (crude oil).
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I use it on my lips, but feel it would be too heavy for my face. I had a roommate who tried it on her face and she quit after a few days. We didn't discuss why, but I suspect she didn't get the results she was looking for. Plus, she had long hair, and a few strands would always escape from a ponytail holder and stick all over her face.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 12:57 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It is a byproduct of refining crude oil (deposits left from decaying dinosaurs). Why would you want to put it on your skin? It can clog pores, cause breakouts, & may contain carcinogens because there are no regulations on Vaseline. Same applies to mineral oil & petrolatum.

There are all natural plant based products available that don't cost a fortune. They are made in the USA.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I heard it is bad for your pores.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• no anything with patroleum is not healthy for ur skin... i know a product that helps u in all areas u need help with, like youthful skin, healthier summer glow to ur skin, also slows down the ageing process in ur skin. or even helps with skin irration for kids all healthy natural eco friend products from face, body hair, make - up and a lot more....
    from my understanding petroleum keeps ur body from breathing, it like a oily layer on ur skin that keeps all the chemical locked in ur body... for instance if ur body cant sweat out the toxins in ur body this may case certain irration or develop pimples... so its important to beaware what we use on ourselves.
    purplebroom

Answer by purplebroom at 5:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2011