Vacations

Do you go on vacations and how often?

We are saving for our first family vacation and plan to go to seaworld and legoland. We don't go because their dad won't plan and save and just says we can't afford it when I know we could save and do one at leaste every few years. he doesn't think they are important and i do so we disagree. I now work ft and am taking my babies on vacation!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Travel

• We go see my Dad and his side of the family once a year and that is our vacation. I am trying to save up to take my son to Atlanta this summer for a real vacation.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I grew up having at least one big family vacation every year, and I am going to do my best to make sure I do that for my DD as well. I always had so much fun with my family and we made some amazing memories around the world together!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Vacations ARE important... you only live, actually live once... and by the time he comes around to it, they'll be grown and moved out and it'll be too late!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• We have taken to doing road trips. We cannot afford the big vacations we want, so we do smaller ones for longer periods. We go to LA every summer to visit my great-uncle who is in his 90's. He loves it and looks forward to it as much as the kids do. And then we get a week to 10 days of swimming pools and the Pacific Ocean. I try to hit different places on the way there and back it isn't so boring to drive for 15 hours so I try to take 3-5 days of sight seeing.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• We take a vacation every summer. Some years we stay closer to home and some years we travel farther.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My parents made it a point to always take us kids on some adventure every summer. We couldn't always afford to do much because we have a large family. Usually, we would just go camping in the wilderness at our favorite spots, and we always had other family and friends join us. sometimes we would go on road trips like to Idaho to see our grandparents, or to the Redwoods, or spend a week at the coast camping. I have so many wonderful memories revolving around all of these trips, and I plan on doing the exact same with my family :) My boyfriend and I actually do do this with just us, we usually take a trip to the coast or whever we feel like sometimes during summer, sometimes on our anniversary. I think its very important, but that doesnt mean it has to be spendy! :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• 2xs a year.... we LIVE for nice vacations. I do not need high end clothing or furnishings or jewelry, but I Love and Need to travel-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• We take several weekend trips and one week long trip each year. We don't have any babies yet :( so I don't know how much that will change.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2011