Hoo boy...what a delima!

so with our tax money we've decided both dh and i get ONE "pleasure" thing, not too expensive, but not too cheap (ok so like trying not to make it over $400)

originally, it was hands down a Nook for me. but then i started thinking...i want the blackberry torch. so now i'm in a delima....can i download the Nook on the Torch? does anyone know about the blackberry? if i can do that, i might as well go with the phone instead of the nook right? ugh, decisions decisions lol

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You can download the kindle app on it. Also, I would get a Kindle over a Nook. They are ranked better. I have played with both and I loved the Kindle. It's lighter, better screen, better battery, smaller in thickness, and holds more books. The only bonus that the Nook has is that they have come out with color. Kindle is still researching how to do this without compromising battery life and screen resolution.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Are you ready for an upgrade? The torch is on sale right now at target for 29.99 for upgrades. I love my torch. Honestly, I'm not sure if you can get an app like the nook, but IMO, the screen is way too small to read a book.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Wait until your contract is up and you can get the Torch so much cheaper.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i want the Nook cuz you can rent books from the library on it, you can't do this on the Kindle. I'm so busy i don't have time to run to and from the library for due dates and such. and i don't have all the money in the world to buy every book i want to read. so the Nook is perfect.

unfortunately, i'm not due for an upgrade. i think i have another year before i am. i'm not very fond of the phone i have now, but i can deal with it if i have to.

that's another thing i was worried about, if the screen was too small to read a book, it might hurt my eyes...
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• When you said Nook i thought you meant for your kitchen...LOL....
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 7:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Get the Kindle. It holds more books than the Nook and Amazon has great prices on their books. The readers don't have a contract or a data plan. I would go with the reader.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Get the phone. My SO has it and reads his books at night on it. I believe it is the Kindle App.
    LisaAnn069

Answer by LisaAnn069 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2011