Did your husband/fiance ask your dad/family's permission for their blessing before proposing?

Mine didn't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• My first one didn't, mainly because my dad would have shot him on site............now i know why! LOL! This guy, who knows, maybe he will..............maybe he won't...................I'm in no rush though.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yes he did!!! It was sweet. My mom and I hung out in the kitchen eavesdropping. Daniel was so nervous, and my Dad wasn't easy on him at first. My first husband did not ask, and I always regretted it, because my Dad is a big part of my life. He respects Daniel so much because he asked before he truly proposed to me.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 6:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• no quite franklly i dont really c why tehy thinkg they have to im gonna get married wether my parents aprove or dont
    Anonymous

• My husband actually went to my mother and showed her the ring set and let her know he was going to ask me before he did - I knew it was coming he just wanted my mom to feel included as well
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 6:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• No. My family actually likes him more than they like me though...so of course they were thrilled either way haha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Neither my current DH nor my xH did. The ex was not liked...at all (hense the "ex"), and my parents are living far away now, so current DH couldn't (but he wouldn't have anyway, long story). My dad also didn't walk me down the aisle either time, that's another story too.
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 6:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My husband did out of respect to my mom and my family, we were young, I 19 and 1/2 and he 20 when he proposed, and I think he wanted to make sure since we met and fell in love so quickly that my mom would know his intentions were good. Now, I understand it's old fashioned, but it did make my mom warm up to him and respect him more that he cared what she thought even though as one person mentioned we would probably had gone off and married anyways... :-) In any case, my mother remarked on our last anniversary (was our 8th last april), that he has kept all he promised to her the day he asked for my hand in marriage.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 6:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• We're not engaged yet. Still waiting on him! We've been together for 6 years though and I know my parents want him to propose to me someday. So he knows that he wont have to ask since they already hound him about it.
    briezysmommy

Answer by briezysmommy at 6:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• No. I told him not to. It's not up to my dad, my dad is one of my best friends but he doesn't own me. I don't like the tradition of asking a father's permission and told my husband not to ask him when the topic came up in passing one night. A few weeks later he proposed.
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 6:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yes. He asked my grandparents (they are more of parent figures in my life). My mom and I are close, but were more like sisters.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2008