Finger Nails

I love the look of fake nails but cannot stand having them on my fingers so I went to the store yesterday and bought this HARD AS NAILS lilac polish and some white french tip pen and did my own and they turned out amazing with no fake stuff on my nails. Does anyone else do their own nails and can you give me some beauty tips or do you know of any better products to use thanks a million :)

bhoward87

Asked by bhoward87 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• About the best thing is to use a cuticle cream everyday to moisturize. Also, once a week when you remove the polish, you will be tempted to not trim the nail but you really need to or they will get brittle. Trim a little off and buff.

Use a base coat and top coat to keep your polish on longer.

I haven't tried this but I've heard it works. Take a clove of garlic and cut into long slivers and put into a bottle of clear polish. It is supposed to strengthen the nail. I would do that only on days that you don't have other color on.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I do my own nail art.  I can give you some tips and products but it all depends on how intricate you want to get.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My daughter does the nail art too. she always chewed her nails until she started doint nail art and now she has nice nails. I always had really long finger nails and rarely used anything on them. just regular nail polish sometimes. in the winter they get brittle with the heat on in the house.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 10:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i like the fake ones but think they r a waste of money so i just dont get them and i would do my own if they would look decent but i always mess them up
    kaleigh1984

Answer by kaleigh1984 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2011