How long do they hurt ?

Im 6 weeks preggo and my breast never hurt...well they did at first like 5 days after my period which was a little bit funny cause they normaly hurt like 2 weeks after my period. And this time i got some bleeding which they told me it was normal during my first trimester, but my breast hurt like 3 weeks till i saw the bleeding and it stopped like 3 days after the bleeding. But what i want to know is that does your breast hurt through out the hold pregnancy or that's just a now and then symptom till your ready breatsfeed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Mine hurt periodically but my nipples got extremely sensitive around 16 weeks and that didn't go away.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Alot of pregnancy symptoms are worse in the first trimester and most of the time go away. My breast were usually sore several weeks and then stopped. The pain should not return until after you give birth when you milk comes in.

Good Luck with your pregnancy!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• They're hurting because they're growing and starting to be able to produce milk. It's different for everyone, how long it hurts, but it could be awhile. They'll hurt during pregnancy because they're growing. They'll hurt when your milk comes in after the baby is born, because it'll come in FAST. They'll hurt until they realize how often your baby wants to eat. And then they'll hurt when you stop breastfeeding.
    ...My boobs are hurting just remembering the pain of being engorged, and I'm not even pregnant.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• The hurting eventually fades away till after you deliver, thats when it really hurts!!!
    Mrs.Fleming

Answer by Mrs.Fleming at 12:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Mine have always gone through cycles. And after the baby is born, the boob issues don't stop. I think the boob tenderness issue probably has something to do with hormone spurts. And each pregnancy is different. My second baby, my boobs never hurt, just tingled sometimes.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:53 AM on Feb. 14, 2011