Can you help me find scholarships, not loans, for single, unemployed mothers for online colleges

links would be helpful. i need to find real financial aid to take pre med courses online.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• fastweb.com
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 6:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I agree with the previous poster. Fastweb.com is a great place to start.

You can also ask around for potential employers to give you a scholarship and in exchange you agree to work for them for 'x' amount of time after you graduate.

You can fill out your FAFSA and see if you qualify for Pell Grants. These are grants that don't have to be repaid as long as you are making progress towards your degree.

Talk to the school that you want to attend and see what kind of scholarships they have available.

Good luck! And way to go on doing it without student loans =)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Contact the medical schools your plan to apply to, and make sure that they will accept a degree from the "online school"

Answer by rkoloms at 9:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2011