How much is your vagina supposed to bleed after birth? adult content

I just had my son on February 1st, he was 8lbs 1oz and I had a little tear. No episiotomy, or anything like that. He came out great, no shoulder dystosia or anything and I did not hemmorage either. But now that he is here, I have been bleeding a LOT! Here and there but not like big puddles. Just a little bit here and there. But it is so much put together. Tell me how much you are supposed to bleed after birth I want to make sure that this is normal. Thank You!

MommytoKeaton77

Asked by MommytoKeaton77 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's normal to bleed up to 6 weeks and it may contain a LOT of clots. I felt like I was loosing all of my blood.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I think that you bleed for about six weeks after birth. You've carried that blood for nine months and it will take a little time to get it all out.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 6:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• One other thing, when you are pregnant, you blood supply triples so your body has to shed that.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• yes normal. of coarse, ask your doctor. I bled for about a month. On and off, but clumps. It was horrifying. I freaked out a week after birth when i had huge clumps, but the nruses told me all was okay after we talked.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 6:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• something that helps with the bleeding is using the bathroom more frequently, my doctor told me that. congrats on your baby.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• its normal. You have nine months of periods backed up, and it will all have to come out. If it becomes so bad that you are soaking a paid in about and hour, call your doc
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• very normal...don't worry :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I Think that it is norms But it can last as long as it takes for your body to clean it self out. With my first son I bleed for the whole 6 weeks then I bleed for 5weeks for my first period.
    nikkielove

Answer by nikkielove at 7:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Lochia is the name given to postpartum bleeding. Every woman who delivers a child, either vaginally or through cesarean section, will experience this type of bleeding. It is the way in which your body expels excess mucus, placental tissue, and blood after giving birth.

Lochia is very similar to the bleeding you experience during your menstrual period, however, it is much heavier. It typically begins in the hours immediately following birth and usually continues for two or three weeks. However, in some women lochia can last for up to six weeks.

http://www.epigee.org/fetal/post_bleeding.html

DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• 6 week but with me i did for two weeks
    quetta669

Answer by quetta669 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2011